– Well, we also pray usually
for things that are benevolent. – Right. – And if you study Scripture, Job was in God’s will when he was in pain. – Right.
– Yeah. – And we don’t see that pain is very rarely in the economy
of, “God is pain-punitive.” It’s a promotion. – Yep. – It’s God saying, “I’m
taking you to a new place, “but when I’m pruning you,
you’re not going to understand, “this is for you to bear greater fruit.” But again, it comes back
to, do we believe He’s good? – That’s right.
– Yes. He’s always good, even when life is hard. And so someone may be in sin and we don’t know why that
prayer wasn’t answered. Somebody may be in God’s
will, and it still looks like your prayer isn’t being answered. – Yeah.
– Right, right. – And then, you know, Job recognized, “Oh, now my eyes have seen. My ears–”
– Yes. – [Lisa] Before he got
the double blessing. – That’s right. – He didn’t have his wealth restored, didn’t have his health restored, didn’t have his marriage, or his kids, but he was like, “Oh, now I see.” The answer to our prayers,
really, the presence – [Rebecca] Right.
– of God. – [Dianna] Right. – [Lisa] It’s not getting what we want, it’s the presence of God. – That’s exact…, I love
that God– I want you more than – [Lisa] That’s right.
– [Alex] the thing. – [Lisa] That’s right. – You get to that revelation, “God, You’re good
regardless of the outcome,” – That’s right. – that is the Holy Grail.
– That’s right. – For us all. But we sometimes treat God like a genie. – We do. (laughs loudly) – That’s right, we do.
– You know, that pot, and I’m asking, and you didn’t– And people will leave their faith because God didn’t answer that prayer. – Right.
– It’s like, but what about if Him saying
no to that prayer was actually for your benefit?
– [Lisa] Was the answer! – [Rebecca] Right. – [Lisa] Absolutely! I mean, I can name in with
that with some guys I dated. (laughs loudly) Yes. – And I thought, “If
only I’d lose 15 pounds “before Friday night, and he
would fall in love with me.” And then I see 10 years later, – Yep. – oh my goodness, God actually protected me
from what I thought I wanted, – Yes. – because he loves me
more than I love myself. – Right. (gentle music) – Hi everybody, I hope
you enjoyed this video. Subscribe today and you’ll
never miss a new upload. Thanks for being a part of
our Better Together Community.